Tuesday 29 April 2008

Joyriding


This was a favourite passtime of many friends when I was younger (Yes! They are idiots!!). I unknowingly got into stolen cars twice, so technically am guilty of joyriding. Whilst researching this topic I came across an article about an eight year old boy joyriding!!! Now I know I was doing 'bad' things at eight but I would never have stolen a car!!


This particular boy stole a dumper truck!!!!!!!!


Local MP Nigel Evans said: “Eight-year-olds should be playing with Corgi cars, not stealing real cars.”


In the same area as the eight yr old lives police caught 1,075 people stealing vehicles in the last year – 495 of whom were youths under 18. Less than half of those, 215, were charged by police.


For more information go to the Lancashire Evening Post (below):


No comments: