Wednesday 7 May 2008

Last Post!!!!




Questionnaire

Age? 28.

Sex? female.

What is your degree subject? Psychology.

Does 'Being Bad' relate well to the other modules you are taking? Yes.

If so, how? And if not, why not? Im taking two psychology modules, this and film genres and I think they all fit together very well. The philosophical approach to this module was complemented by my psychological knowledge. Most of the ideas that came up in 'Being Bad' had been touched upon by my other lecturers.

Have you found 'Being Bad' too demanding, too easy, or at an appropriate level?I found it slightly too easy.

Are there any topics not included in the module that you would like to see included?Not really, it was quite diverse.

Do you think the format for classes has worked well?Yes enjoyed the lectures.

What did you think of the module team?Found them all lovely and helpful. Pitched the lectures at a comfortable level.

Do you think it would have been better to have had more:
Small group discussions?No, the time given for these is always too much.

Discussion and debate among the class as a whole?Would not have been possible with our group, they even spoke over the lecturers!!

Information and talk from lecturers?I think there was enough.

The approach taken in the module is interdisciplinary. Do you think this was a useful way of approaching the topics covered in the module?
Yes I think it effectively introduced other disciplines into the topics we covered. Though using more psychological aspects could be useful.
Do you think that interdisciplinary modules are a good idea?
Yes, looking at other disciplines opens individual topics more. I enjoyed that aspect of this module.

Do you think you benefited from the interdisciplinary approach taken in the module?Yes (see above).


Would you like to see more modules that cover this kind of subject matter?Yes, although I don't think the psychology degree allows it. But they would be popular modules.


Are you planning to take the follow-up module PH2004 'It Shouldn't Be Allowed' at level 2?No, my degree does not offer electives in the second year.


Would you recommend 'Being Bad' to a friend?Definately I have enjoyed the module.


Do you think that the blogs (web logs) were a good idea?It was the one and only time I will ever do a web blog and quite enjoyed it, though I thought I wouldn't. It was good to have the criteria so I knew what to aim for. I did not enjoy commenting on other peoples blogs and had to force myself to do it. Hopefully my blog is good enough.


What did you think of the other two assessments?I didn't enjoy writing the essay, but that may have been due to my choice of topic. The creative writing I really did enjoy, being a psychology student I don't get to be terribly creative. I didn't think 300 words for the rationale was long enough especially to include references.


What have you learned from the module?How to create and post thoughts onto a web log. Learned lots about the attitudes of society and that things labelled 'bad' aren't necessarily so.


What parts of the module have you found useful and why?Researching info on the web, looking in depth at topics such as infidelity, masturbation, body modification. I don't usually have time to stop and think about random topics so I enjoyed this module.


What parts do you think were a waste of time and why?Asking us to come up with field trip ideas, as we never used any of them!


Are there any other comments you wish to make regarding 'Being Bad'?As I have said many times I thoroughly enjoyed this module. Our grades could be put on evision before given out.












No comments: