Thursday 24 April 2008

Crime at School!


I heard recently that the government is introducing American style metal detectors in schools in the UK. I'm sure there are a lot people who disagree with this as it goes against one form of another of a child's human right! (..or whatever!)

I do not have children, (thankfully!) but I have several nephews and nieces and I would welcome the instillation of these in their schools. Any development that is designed to keep them safe is, I think, a very good thing.

All schools now have security locks on the entrances to stop strangers wandering the halls and there is so much to worry about childhood illnesses, them being taken off the street, etc. I think that making sure children are safe from each other is equally important and that includes bullying.

£5,000 per detector is value for money when compared to saving lives, as I truly believe it will do. For more information on this check out the following website:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2008/jan/20/politics.pupilbehaviour

No comments: