Thursday 6 March 2008




CIRCUS OF HORRORS!!!!!!


Several years ago I was introduced to The Circus of Horrors. I was dragged along with a group of friends who I would describe as having unusual tastes. The room was lit only by red lights and I was shown to my seat by two zombies, (not a good start!). The show started when a woman appeared on stage and informed us that the first four rows would be covered in blood by the end of the evening, (I was in row two!!!).

Dockor Haze is the central character and very much in charge. The story = In the late 1800's the Moulin Rouge was turned into an erotic cabaret. Docktor Haze fleed his home in Transylvania and landed in France. He wanted to open 'Blood Thirsty Burlesque' so he purchased an estate then discovered the property was full of lunatics.......(oh no!)

The whole show lasted for three hours and I saw a man pierce himself with a metal rod, and hang weights from it, (see picture above). A man, garry stretch, who stretched his skin. A woman who walked along stairs made from swords and the incredible glass eating man. These are a few of the tamer ones so I do not offend! (Full details to anyone who asks!)

The website proclaims that the show is not suitable for chavs, sissies, close minded bigots or people of a nervous disposition.

http://www.circusofhorrors.co.uk/Home.html

The company are touring at the moment and it would make an amazing field trip for the module! We could see the show in Nottingham at the end of March!!!!!!!!!!!

My question is this = Is it wrong that I enjoy this show so much that I have been every year since that first visit five years ago?


This was a Mad House, A Looney Bin, A Sanitorium for psychotic and insane freaks of society....

No comments: